The zombie hordes have invaded our cities. No one is safe. The shambling rotting corpses are everywhere!!!! A zombie apocalypse has begun.
As the infestations spread across borders a growing number of vigilant citizens around the world are taking up arms to battle back the hordes. Our only hope as a species – as it has always been – lies in putting aside our individual differences in favor of cooperating for the whole.
Since the beginning of June, the world has been in the grip of an all-out “braiiiiiins fest” that erupted after years of growing Hollywood, gamer and novel obsession with the living dead.
Those of you who dismissed my early warnings may have been laughing then …. well you’re likely to find yourselves dinner shortly.
But don’t take my word for it. Examine the evidence yourself.
- Foreign Policy Magazine is examining “zombie exit strategies” publishing an assessment of political responses to the infestations by a Tufts University Fletcher School international politics professor.
- That professor, Daniel Drezner, also points out that a growing number of university campuses in the U.S. and abroad are locked in Human vs. Zombies battles.
- For those in the Chicago area, Zombiefit classes are on offer for those wanting to learn the finer points of urban contact survival.
- Right wing political pundits believe the U.S. infestation is being driven by President Obama and has already infected millions of Americans.
- The streets of Atlanta have been rocked by a zombie infestation on a major scale, destroying several downtown blocks, as producers turn Robert Kirkman’s The Walking Dead into a television show.
- Earlier this month, the Newsweek website temporarily became the “global zombie 411” hot spot when imaginative programmers decided to play a joke.
- A 200-strong zombie horde lurched towards unsuspecting visitors to the San Diego County Fair to the tune of Thriller last week to mark the anniversary of Michael Jackson’s death.
Ponder the above and tell me you’re not ready to begin your own preparations ….
Next time, for those of you still breathing, I’ll lay out some simple steps you can take now to increase our chances of surviving the plague. But I’ll leave you with this …. like every other issue facing the human race – poverty, hunger, human rights, the environment — we are stronger if we stick together.
2 thoughts on “Worldwide zombie infestations begin …”
I can wait to clink on these links and check them out. I love zombies. I need to order my I heart zombies t-shirt.
Me too!!! (I am quite odd about zombies)
Stay tuned and I’ll share some strategy …..! (LOL)
Comments are closed.