Every once in a while one of those tag-every-blogger-you-know-and-hope-they-respond challenges floats through my inbox. While they are always amusing and sometimes intriguing, the requests usually fall into the Internet void of my overcrowded inbox – left to languish until some faraway day when, during a spell of frenzied cleaning I happen upon them and… “oh yeahhhhhh.”
Well, not this time!
Answer one of the following: Why do you write? Or 10 reasons why should people read your blog.
I chose “10 Reasons” because I thought if I cannot come up with a solid answer, then I need to rethink the why, what and how of my personal blog-ventures.
And here is where I landed:
- Global Citizen, my little contribution to the blogosphere, will keep you informed on issues that are important to all of us as members of the global family – and provide information and action items you can use on the issues that matter most to you.
- Who is Luis Moreno-Ocampo? What does UDHR stand for? And, where in the world you can find Goma? Most normal people probably have no idea. Well, for good or ill, I do without looking to Google for a single second and I can tell you why it all matters.
- I spent 12 years living “overseas” working in war zones in the Balkans, South Asia and the Middle East. So many of the places, people, cultures I write about, I write from having experienced them first hand.
- I can relate zombies and vampires to anything. Don’t believe me? Try this one on for size. Still not convinced? Challenge me, go ahead …. Just remember the stakes (see reason below)
- I am a woman with a plan. Not for global domination. Oh no, no, no. Something far more important. I am the unofficial leader of the #zombiesurvivalcrew and as such am fully prepared with a battle plan for the zombie apocalypse. I also – on occasion – will divulge strategic planning tips (like these) on my blog.
- I stand for free speech, the protection of rights for us all, and a kinder, gentler world…oh! And, of course, the assault of furry monsters!
- I am, according to TBFF @AspiringMama, THE AWESOME. And because I first laughed – then loved – the moniker, I’m going to run with it.
- Write not for numbers but to make a difference, which (again) according to @AspiringMama brings us back to the previous answer ….a-hem. *pause for dramatic effect*
- You can say you “knew me when.” What does that mean? I’m not sure, but it sounds good!
- I listen … so let me know why you read my blog, what you like, what you don’t like and whether or not you think I have lost my mind …