Special Teams Chat – April 30 with guest author, advocate @AutismMomExpert
The Special Teams community is congregated over at our new Ning community!!!
It’s a judgement-free space for parents, caregivers, advocates and supporters of ill or special needs children to gather, share and learn from each other’s journeys. Find us here:
Please come visit, join and post any material you think is relevant!
I’ve kept the Special Teams page here on my personal blog for reference – and because I will still be blogging occasionally about related issues.
One of the most wonderful things about social media tools like Twitter and Facebook is the ability to locate and connect with people who care about the same issues as you do – and try to do something about them.
The Twitterverse is loaded with great individuals and groups hoping to raise awareness and campaign on everything from human trafficking to health care, from sports teams draft choices to saving favorite television shows.
(Yes, #heroes fans, I’m getting there!!!)
Here’s just a sampling of my evergreen favorites:
- Women’s issues/rights: @safeworld4women, @thewip, @GlobalFundWomen and @Womens_eNews are just a few of the tweeters out there raising awareness on women’s issues
- Rare Disease: @GlobalGenes and @rarediseaseday are among those raising awareness about #raredisease and what families face in battling rare, debilitating conditions
- Autism Spectrum: @autismtoday and @AutismMomExpert are among hundreds campaigning for #autism awareness and acceptance
- HumanTrafficking: @27millionslaves and @TrafficInPeople are among those campaigning to end #humantrafficking
- Human Rights: @witnessorg , @EnoughProject, @AmnestyUK and @jonhutsun